contact me at dotbug3@gmail.com

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Who's So Smart?

My doctor recently put me on a new medicine. It's a liquid that
I need to add to an eight ounce glass of water. I'm not at all
a fan of water. Adding medicine doesn't make it any more
appealing.

I don't know if this medicine is supposed to have some kind of
flavor. It's not tasteless but I can't identify what it could
be. Is there such a thing as "yuck" flavor?

Several nights ago I was pleased to find a glass of lemonade on
the table with my dinner. I knew what somebody forgot and I
wasn't about to tell!

It happened again the next two nights. No more disgusting
medicated water. I felt like the cat who ate the canary. My
poor old parents had forgotten my medicine and I did not mind at
all.

I didn't finish my lemonade at dinner last night. My mom brought
the glass out to where I sat in the living room. "You need to
finish this," she said. "It's your medicine."

My mouth fell open in shock. "Huh?"

My mother said, "We started putting your medicine in lemonade so
you'd stop complaining about the taste. What? Did you think we
forgot?"

Actually, I did.

So who's so smart? They put my medicine in lemonade and I never
even noticed. Of course now that I know, I've decided the
lemonade tastes bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers