contact me at dotbug3@gmail.com

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Popcorn

Pop, pop, popcorn!

Cub Scout popcorn sales have come to an end. Joseph's scout
leader wanted each boy to sell $600 worth of popcorn and
military donations. That's a lot of money for a 10-year-old.
It's also what Joseph needed in order to get the prize he wanted
- a swiss army knife.

We received the amount of online purchases and added it to
Joseph's order form. The grand total? $589.

Joseph said, "No way!" He was not going to miss his goal by $11.
So he signed up to buy himself some chocolate delight popcorn.
That put him over $600. Congratulations, Joseph!

He also decided to change his prize. He's getting a Leatherman
knife instead. Apparently it's bigger and better than a swiss
army knife. Plus, it's what his den leader uses.

I asked Joseph how he managed to sell so much popcorn. He gave
me a look and then pointed at me. After a few moments of
thought, he added "Thank you."

Now it's my turn to say thank you. It wasn't me who bought all
the popcorn. It was my dear friends and family members... All
the people I know online. Maybe it was even you.

So thank you so much for supporting my son and Boy Scouts of
American. If I can ever return the favor, please let me know.

One more thing - I hope you enjoy your popcorn. Pop, pop...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers