contact me at dotbug3@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

saying goodbye to longcoy

Blurb: Today I visited Longcoy Elementary School to clap out my
son and the other 5th graders. It's time to say goodbye... again.


I can barely remember so long ago when I started my school career
as a little kindergarten student. Longcoy Elementary school is
located just beyond my back yard. I spent seven years as a
student there. It's where I grew up.

I do remember clearly the day I left at the end of 6th grade. I
was totally cool and ready to move on. Davey Jr. High School,
here I come!

As the youngest of three children, I believed that was the end of
Longcoy for my family. However, life moves in mysterious ways. To
my surprise, I found myself back in my childhood home, with a
five year old son about to start Kindergarten at Longcoy.

Today I visited the school to clap out my son and the other 5th
graders. Joseph is totally cool and ready to move on. Stanton
Middle School, here he comes!

Goodbye, Longcoy. I think this is the end of our relationship.
Thanks for two generations of education and memories. You will
always be remembered fondly in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers