contact me at dotbug3@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

camp adventure day 3 (pt. 2)

Day 3 (part 2): The Biggest Loser

Tuesday, June 10th, 2014

The evening camp activity was Bingo. I've always played in the
past, but this time, I didn't feel up to it. It takes a whole lot
of concentration to focus on sign language numbers and braille
numbers. I was too tired and just wanted to read.

However, I was not about to miss the big day. After a three year
losing streak, I was sure Scott would finally win. Everybody wins
because they play "everybody wins Bingo." You don't clear your
card.

Scott was stubbornly determined to lose again. He seems to be
proud of his unusual inability to win at Bingo. I sat beside him
to keep informed about what was going on. I was ready to cheer
when the big win finally happened.

At one point, Scott's SSP thought he won. It was a scary moment
for Scott. But it turned out to be a false alarm.

On it went, and he continued to lose. When Ruby came back from
break, she actually watched to make sure Scott was getting the
numbers right. He was.

At last, he admitted defeat and took his title as a four-time
Bingo loser. I said he cheated because he stopped a little early
to eat ice cream. He claims that didn't count. So, what else can
I say? Congratulations, Scott Stoffel. You are the biggest loser!

Angie C. Orlando

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers