contact me at dotbug3@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

 


I just finished reading Wonka. So let’s talk about it.. Wonka, the book, is a cute story set when Willy Wonka was a young man trying to set himself up as a world class chocolate maker.


Nothing, and I mean nothing, is better than the original book by Roald Dahl. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is one of those precious, timeless stories that all children should read, and adult should re-read Keep the magic flowing, just like the chocolate river.


But what about the movies? Which is your favorite movie?


I grew up with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. The movie was release in 1971, two years before I was born. It was lovable and weird and Gene Wilder was weirder. The Oompa Loompa were creepy and the special effects were lame. No matter. I will always love it to death.


Yes, the special effects are dorky. They were limited with what they could do, since it was the early 70’s. We got Geese instead of squirrels. Did I mention the Oompa Loompa were creepy? Yikes.


I never got to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp, or the new Wonka movie. I’ve heard a lot about both movies. Bad nuts beat bad eggs. 


I have a lot more to say on this subject.  More to say on this subject. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers