contact me at dotbug3@gmail.com

Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Motto

Helen Keller is a well known figure even among people who are
hearing and sighted. As an author, lecturer and political
activist, Helen Keller touched the lives of so many people around
the world. Keller is famous for her great achievement and
unstoppable determination.

How strange that a girl originally lacking language development
would one day become a master with words. Keller was born in
1880 and died in 1968. That was a long time ago and she lived a
very different life compared to mine. Yet, the wisdom of her
words seems to have been meant just for me. She could have been
talking directly to me. I find so much meaning in all she had
to say about life as a woman, a deaf-blind individual, an
American citizen and simply as a spiritual and loving person.

I've read many quotes by Helen Keller. They all seem to touch
me deeply. But this one, more than anything else, really speaks
to me. And, so, I am adopting this quote as my own motto. Thank
you, Helen Keller, for finding the words to tell the world who I
am and what I stand for.

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but
still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I
can do.

-- Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers