contact me at dotbug3@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stupid Hackers!

Five years ago, I left my husband with only six crumpled dollar
bills in my pocket. I wasn't allowed to have any money. This
small amount I had found while doing laundry. I had no other
financial assets or benefits. My credit was ruined, thanks to
Greg's compulsive spending.

It would take years for me to finally become financially secure.
And even longer for my credit rating to be restored.

It was only a few weeks ago that I celebrated the arrival of my
first credit card since the divorce. This would give me access
to online shopping. That is a huge resource for people who are
deaf-blind. We can browse stores, pick out items and then
check-out, all without ever having to leave home.

I would no longer have to ask my parents to buy me things. I
wouldn't need to rely on others to tell me what was available.
Best of all, I'd finally be able to buy gifts for friends and
family on my own.

Oh, yes, I was very happy about the power of having a credit
card. I made two orders from National Braille Press. Since I
was having trouble navigating their web site, I called in my
orders via the Ohio Relay Service. I place a third small order
online from Amazon.com. Last, I placed an online order from
Seedlings.org, to buy some new braille children's books to use
during my volunteer time.

That's it. That's all I did. Three stores. Four purchases.
AND I GOT HACKED!

Someone tried to buy over $1,000 worth of crap from an online
store. The bank caught it fast. My new credit card has been
canceled. Just like that.... I had it for only a short time, and
now it's gone.

I'm waiting for another new card to arrive. This time I hope my
luck is better. I hate those stupid hackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers