contact me at dotbug3@gmail.com

Thursday, November 10, 2011

quotes by Helen Keller #2

It is not possible for civilization to flow backwards while there
is youth
in the world. Youth may be headstrong, but it will advance it
allotted
length.
---

It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the
devil. If they
would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow
men, the
devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.
---

It's wonderful to climb the liquid mountains of the sky. Behind
me and
before me is God and I have no fears.
---

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
---

Knowledge is love and light and vision.
---

Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be
understood.
---

Life is an exciting business, and most exciting when it is lived
for others.

---

Life is either a great adventure or nothing.
---

Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No
barrier of the
senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourses of my
book friends.
They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness.
---

Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose
fragrance
makes the garden a place of delight just the same.
---

Many people know so little about what is beyond their short range
of
experience. They look within themselves - and find nothing!
Therefore they
conclude that there is nothing outside themselves either.
---

Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true
happiness. It is not
attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a
worthy
purpose.
---

My share of the work may be limited, but the fact that it is
work makes it
precious.
---

Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world
straight in the
eye.
---

No matter how dull, or how mean, or how wise a man is, he feels
that
happiness is his indisputable right.
---

No one has a right to consume happiness without producing it.
---

No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed
to an
uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
---

Of all the senses, sight must be the most delightful.
---

Once I knew only darkness and stillness... my life was without
past or
future... but a little word from the fingers of another fell into
my hand
that clutched at emptiness, and my heart leaped to the rapture of
living.
---

One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers